12 December 2012

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas…

After two years of blogging, I don’t believe I have ever mentioned that I have a mantel in my master bedroom.  Years ago, I was driving around Dahlonega and saw this great estate sale.  At that time, I was living in a cabin that measured in at less than 300 square feet – bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room included!  However, I couldn’t pass up the mantel when I saw it.  For $40, I loaded this beauty up and it set in storage until we moved to Sadie Court.  Believe it or not, Rusty installed it for me days after we moved in here, and two weeks ago was the first time I have ever really staged it.  It looks so nice!
Blue and White Christmas Mantel 2
The main focal point is a mirror that my dad framed me years ago that I painted blue and my coffee filter wreath.
Blue and White Christmas Mantel 3
When I shopped my house, I pulled together all mirrored  pieces and mercury glass to keep the design simple and shiny.  I also used some of Home Depot’s fresh garland ($5.00 on Black Friday) to add a natural element.  Not to mention, my room smells amazing every time I walk in there!
Blue and White Christmas Mantel 4
Inside of the apothecary jar are antique ornaments that I found thriftiquing around Dahlonega.  Plus, they tie into my blue theme.
Blue and White Christmas Mantel 5
Blue and White Christmas Mantel
Normally, I just decorate the main parts of our house, the kitchen, living room and dining room, but I always loved going into the old homes in my hometown during their open houses and seeing all of the rooms thematically decorated with a tree and all.  When I thought of extending the decorations into the master bedroom, it was almost as if a light bulb went off.  What hadn’t I thought of this before?!!

What new decorations have you put in your house this year?!

Linked up with: House of Hepworths,

14 comments:

  1. Love it! Trying to figure out a place to fit one in my bedroom!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to see your blog. You did a great job and thanks for sharing.It is superb blog and i really appreciate your blog. If you want to take assignment help UK at a cheap price you can contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KhatrimazaKhatrimaza is a public torrent website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impeccable.It is soo informative. Are you also searching for cheap assignment writers we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully, we’re here to help make sure your jacket/coat is on point every time you walk out the door. Here are the best of our brown colour biker jacket for men with different colors, available at topcelebsjackets.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy to see your blog. You did a great job and thanks for sharing.It is superb blog and i really appreciate your blog. If you want to take .leather jacket
    at a cheap price you can contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a great article. You done very nice work in this article. I like the way you explain all the things related to the Christmas. Thankyou for sharing. Now its time to avail Car Services in Orlando for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The text was neat and readable. Great blog. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful items from you, man. You’re making it entertaining blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, You have performed an excellent article.. Goodjob!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We truly dearly loved examining this web site. Thanks for this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...