27 November 2011

Ombre Paint Chip Art

This was such a quick and easy project for my living room gallery wall
Yes, I still have empty frames in a mini gallery wall I put up 1 year ago!!!

I just get creeped out when I see tons of posed couple photos or wedding photos in a couple's home, so I was waiting for just the right idea to come along to fill that larger middle frame.  There are so many tutorials online that there is no need for me to recreate it!

Here are the basic steps:

1.  Put your innocent face on as you walk into Home Depot to score free paint
     chips
2.  Punch out  your circles using a 1" circle punch (purchased at Michaels using a
     50% off coupon)
3.  Start at the bottom and work your way up hiding the tape under each layer
4.  Go back to Home Depot and grab a few extra paint chips in the colors that you
     did not grab enough of in the first place
5.  Go back with double sided tape and tape down any flaps that are behaving
6.  Frame and hang

The colors aren't the best in the picture, but my chips range from (top) creams, (middle) purples and (bottom) grays.

What do you put in those larger frames?!



Heather

11 comments:

  1. Cute idea!!
    I think some bold pieces would look good. Maybe a big T in one frame or a bright painting. Knowing you, there will be something awesome there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I'm all about snagging paint chips from Home Depot- I think they expect it now. ;) I'd love it if you'd check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Trio on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and love all of the follow up steps like go back to Home Depot and get double sided tape because I know that is exactly what I would need to do! This would make a great gift as well :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation!!!!
    You are a winner of the E-mealz 3 month giveaway from the CSI Project. Thanks for entering. Please email me your email address.
    dee@thecsiproject.com
    Let me know if you hear from them so I know you are all set!!!



    Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

    Dee Brady from the CSI Project.
    PS Love this project. We are having an Ombre challenge in the new year so look for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! Thanks for sharing.

    I actually just made msyelf some paint chip art this week! You can check it out here if interested:

    http://julieloveshome.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/seeing-spots-diy-paint-chip-art/

    Thanks -all the best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely loved every little bit of it. Cheers for the info! you will be a great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should say its awesome post! This Blog is so Wonderful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, You have done a fantastic article here. I want more Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. For sure I will check out more posts. This is just great! So Continue

    ReplyDelete
  10. What your declaring is entirely genuine article. Thank a lot for this one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...