08 April 2011

Scribbling at Midnight

It's no secret; I have a slight infatuation with sketches of the female body.  I think they would look so perfect in a private master bathroom.  When I see one, I always consider buying it.  I found some here at Ikea and here at the Scott Antique Market. However, in the back of my mind, I always thought that I could do a simple sketch myself...even though I have NO artistic ability and even screw up drawing stick figures!!


Well, last night I decided to do it.  I bought a 16x20 canvas at Hobby Lobby for $3.50 and found a pencil in my office.  I practiced an idea of a sketch about four times until I felt comfortable drawing it out on the canvas (I know, big risk...$3.50.  Why is it we are so scared to even TRY some new idea?)


I laughed and laughed as I was drawing these.  
Here, let me write some captions:

  1. After sitting on the couch for hours and hours watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and eating cheese and crackers, I had to peel myself off of the couch to get a coke.
  2. I got through horseback riding and my bottom half just stayed this way.
  3. I played a rough game of all-girl soccer, and I was the goalie.
  4. I am Kim Kardashian's body double for nude scenes (yeah right, lol!)

Here is what I ended up with.
I am trying to decide if she looks too well endowed, haha!  Since it is only pencil, I can just go back and redo any parts I don't like.
From here, I am trying to decide if I want to keep it as a pencil sketch, go over it with smoky charcoals, dry brush it black or dry brush it several different colors. 


What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. she is a bit blessed! lol ;) but i think you did a great job.. and bravo for taking the risk! love the charcoal idea.. but curious w/ the multi colors too. gee.. i'm no help at all! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch! I used to draw nudes from life, and it was hard. These are great. Charcoal won't fade, so you might want to go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be of no help. I have no idea about drawing/sketching. But, I think you did a great job!
    I wish I were so blessed! lol
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so classy!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is beautiful! Good on ya for braving something new...
    And that is one big boob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that was unusual. Just wanted to say wonderful blog! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness I found it. You’ve made my day! Thanks again for this information

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make so many great points here. Thanks for this fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good. Hope for some more informative posts. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Post !! Very interesting topic. Check more about this blog. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...